Haryana Kala Parishad
A meeting of the cultural affairs advisory committee was held on 23.04.1990 and it was decided that instead of setting up of the different academies namely Lalit Kala Academy and Sangeet Natak Academy, it is better to have one Kala Academy, which should look after the work of both Lalit Kala Academy and Sangeet Natak Academy. This academy will undertake documentation, research and dissemination in the field of visual, performing, plastic and other related art forms.
Chairman, Punjab Art Council, Dr. Sardar Anjum suggested that the nomenclature of Haryana Kala Academy be changed to Haryana Kala Parishad.
Similarly, a meeting of the Ministers and the Secretaries of the States/UT’s was convened by the Department of Culture Govt. of India in new Delhi on 25th and 26th May, 1992 in which schemes of setting up of different academies, cultural complexes were discussed. Centre Government has clearly informed that there are no centrally sponsored schemes available for establishing academies or cultural complexes in the States. It has also been desired in the meeting that the States, where such academies is not exist, should take immediate steps to established these academies and were asked to raise funds from the States resources. Under this scheme financial assistant was provided to autonomous body created by the State Government and registered under the societies registration act. In view of this it was very essential that the State Government consider the setting up of Haryana Kala Parishad. Accordingly a draft of Constitution was prepared for the setting up the Haryana Kala Parishad with the following aims and objectives :-
1. To promote art, culture, literature and performing arts.
2. To provide effective liaison between the various Akademies and the State Government, and other such bodies working for the promotion of art, culture, literature.
3. To maintain effective liaison with the Indian Council of Cultural Relations and other bodies engaged in similar pursuits to encourage International exchange of cultural troupes and delegations.
4. To award prizes, confer distinctions, grant stipends, allowance or other financial aid and to accord recognition to individual men of letters, artists etc. for high and significant achievements in the fields of art, music, dance, drama and culture generally, or to award stipends, allowances or other financial aid to their dependents in recognition of such achievements.
5. To encourage and promote study and research, particularly in the fields of music, dance and drama, painting, sculptures and architecture, and applied arts and for this purpose, to institute fellowships, stipends and scholarships, and to establish reference and research library gallery of art, including applied arts and crafts etc.
Haryana Kala Parishad was registered on 31.03.1995 and a detail project report for granting the financial assistance under this scheme was submitted to Government of India.